A Low Profile IR-UWB Antenna with Conical Radiation Pattern for on-body Communications
- A Low Profile IR-UWB Antenna with Conical Radiation Pattern for on-body Communications
- Wireless body area network (WBAN); UWB antenna; on-body antenna; Monopole
- Issue Date
- Antennas and Propagation & USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, 2015 IEEE International Symposium , Page. 2023-2024
- A low profile UWB antenna with conical radiation for on-body communications is proposed. The antenna has overall dimensions
of 64 mm × 64 mm × 6 mm (0.64 λ0 × 0.64 λ0 × 0.06 λ0 at 3 GHz) in the Impulse Radio UWB (3.1 GHz – 10.6 GHz) band.
The proposed antenna is composed of a mono-cone and a TM41 higher-order mode shorted ring patch. The simulated results
show that the proposed antenna obtains monopole-like radiation performances in the whole operating frequency band.
The radiation pattern of the proposed antenna on the phantom is similar to that in free space so that the on-body WBAN
application can be feasible.
- 978-1-4799-7815-1; 978-1-4799-7814-4
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING(융합전자공학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)