A practical string analyzer by the widening approach
- A practical string analyzer by the widening approach
- String Operator; Regular Expression; Widening Operator; Abstract Domain; Context Sensitivity
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER-VERLAG BERLIN
- Asian Symposium on Programming Languages and Systems; APLAS 2006: Programming Languages and Systems, Page. 374-388
- The static determination of approximated values of string expressions has
many potential applications. For instance, approximated string values may
be used to check the validity and security of generated strings, as well
as to collect the useful string properties. Previous string analysis efforts
have been focused primarily on the maxmization of the precision of regular
approximations of strings. These methods have not been completely satisfactory
due to the difficulties in dealing with heap variables and context sensitivity.
In this paper, we present an abstract-interpretation-based solution that
employs a heuristic widening method. The presented solution is implemented
and compared to JSA. In most cases, our solution gives results as precise as
those produced by previous methods, and it makes the additional contribution
of easily dealing with heap variables and context sensitivity in a very natural way.
We anticipate the employment of our method in practical applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF COMPUTING[E] > COMPUTER SCIENCE(소프트웨어학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)