Effects of bilateral vasectomy on the interleukin 1 system in mouse epididymis
- Effects of bilateral vasectomy on the interleukin 1 system in mouse epididymis
- epididymis; interleukin 1; mouse; vasectomy
- Issue Date
- AMERICAN JOURNAL OF REPRODUCTIVE IMMUNOLOGY, v. 76, NO. 3, Page. 235-242
- ProblemRegional difference in the inflammatory response in vasectomized (VAX) epididymis remains unraveled.
Method of studyEpididymal expression of interleukin 1 (IL1), IL1, IL1 receptor antagonist (IL1ra), IL1 receptor 1 (IL1R1), IL6, IL10, tumor necrosis factor (TNF-), and transforming growth factor-1 (TGF-1) was examined in bilateral VAX mice by real-time RT-PCR and immunohistochemistry.
ResultsIL1, IL1, IL1ra, and IL1R1 were expressed in the epididymal epithelia of normal mice. Following VAX, IL1R1 mRNA was not changed, but TNF-, IL10, IL1, IL1, and IL1ra mRNA were significantly upregulated in whole epididymis, whereas IL6 and TGF-1 mRNA were significantly increased in corpus and cauda but not in caput epididymis. Consistently, IL1, IL1, and IL1ra immunoreactivities were visibly increased in epididymis following VAX.
ConclusionFollowing VAX, IL1, IL1, IL1ra, IL10, and TNF- may mediate immune reaction in whole epididymis, whereas IL6 and TGF-1 may mediate regionally different immune response primarily in the lower part of epididymis.
- 1046-7408; 1600-0897
- Appears in Collections:
- RESEARCH INSTITUTE[S](부설연구소) > THE RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURAL SCIENCES(자연과학연구소) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)