Design of Headset MIMO Antenna for On-Body Application
- Design of Headset MIMO Antenna for On-Body Application
- MIMO; PIFA; Isolation; WBAN; Headset
- Issue Date
- 한국전자파학회논문지, 2011, 22(12), P.1107~1115
- In this paper, a headset multiple-input multiple-output(MIMO) antenna for on-body application is proposed and the antenna performance with body effect and the impact on human body are investigated. The proposed MIMO antenna is composed of two planar inverted-F antennas(PIFA) above ground plane and an isolator located between the two antennas enhance the isolation characteristic. Simulation was carried to analyze the effect of human body on antenna performance when a human body is located in the near field of the antenna. According to the measurement result, the diversity performance of the proposed antenna can be considered good since ECC(Envelope Correlation Coefficient), which commonly indicates the performance of a MIMO antenna, remains below 0.1 over the ISM band. The measured SAR values for antennas 1 and 2 are 0.575 W/㎏ and 0.571 W/㎏, respectively when 250 ㎽ input power in engaged. These values satisfy the FCC guideline which states that the 1-g average SAR should be lower than 1.6 W/㎏.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING(융합전자공학부) > Articles
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING(융합전자공학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)