Mn-Depleted Zone Formation in Rapidly Cooled High-Strength Low-Alloy Steel Welds
- Mn-Depleted Zone Formation in Rapidly Cooled High-Strength Low-Alloy Steel Welds
- Weld Metal; Ilmenite; Solidus Temperature; Steel Weld; High Resolution Electron Microscopy
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER, 233 SPRING ST, NEW YORK, NY 10013 USA
- Metallurgical and materials transactions. A, Physical metallurgy and materials science, 2014, 45(11), pp.4753 - 4757
- The mechanism of formation of an Mn-depleted zone (MDZ) near the inclusion in a steel weld was elucidated based on quantification of MDZ depth and thermodynamic calculations. The effective inclusion phase for intragranular nucleation, which increased as a function of increasing chemical driving force, satisfied the requirements for presence of a considerable quantity of Mn in the phase, and a lower precipitation temperature compared with the solidus temperature of the matrix.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING(신소재공학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)