고려시대 요공(徭貢)의 실체와 공납제 운영 양상
- 고려시대 요공(徭貢)의 실체와 공납제 운영 양상
- Other Titles
- A Study on the Substance of Yogong(徭貢) and the Aspect of Tributary System Operation
- 요공(徭貢); 공물(貢物); 요역(徭役); 조용조(租庸調); 조포역(租布役); 백정(白丁); 상요(常徭); 잡공(雜貢); Yogong(徭貢); tribute(貢物); compulsory labor service(徭役); Joyongjo (租庸調); Jopoyeok(租布役); baekjung(白丁); Sangyo(常徭); Jabgong(雜貢)
- Issue Date
- 한국중세사연구, v. 61, page. 111-141
- It is true that the contents of the system have not been clearly studied, especially those related to spot such as tributes and compulsory labor services in the taxation systems in the Goryeo Dynasty. In this paper, I tried to access the substance of Yogong(徭貢), compulsory labor service and tax), which was not discussed in detail in the previous research, and based on this, I intended to review the overall operation of the tributary system during the Goryeo Dynasty.
As a result of the research, Yogong is a tribute provided through the compulsory labor service of baekjung(白丁) living in general Juhyun(州縣), Hyang incense, and Bugok. Unlike prescribed labor, which solves the burden of compulsory labor through physical labor, the Yogong was a method for baekjung to provide labor service. The ordinary people in So(所) performed labor services by producing and paying for certain materials, so the tribute of Yongong and So were different tributes that came from the difference in the burden of labor service among the residents and the common people. It can be said that these two kinds of tributes were the backbone of the tribute to the Goryeo society before Sangyo and Jabgong appeared.
Judging from this characteristic of Yogong, the double receiving structure, as pointed out in the previous study, did not need to be established. As the Nation-Counties and Prefectures were the taxation system of Joyongjo(租庸調), the previous study which explained Minho is a receiving of Jopoyeok(租布役) was an explanation in the position that a tribute is equivalent to Jo(調) of Joyongjo. However, Yogong and tributes from So(所), that is a tribute of the Goryeo Dynasty was related to the role(役), and, accordingly, it is possible to identify by unifying that receiving categories, Joyongjo and Jopoyeok.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES[S](인문과학대학) > HISTORY(사학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)