The role of information sharing-centered IT infrastructure factor by using advanced Metcalfe’s law: Case study of Incheon International Airport
- The role of information sharing-centered IT infrastructure factor by using advanced Metcalfe’s law: Case study of Incheon International Airport
- Information Sharing; Information Integration System; EAI; Metcalfe’s Law; IT Interaction Model
- Issue Date
- International Research Publication House
- International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, v. 13, no. 10, page. 2752-2760
- Many airports are continuously implementing Information Systems (IS) and Information Technology (IT) services in order to achieve their organizational objectives. Such IS, known as nodes in distributional environment, are systematically interconnected to share information and thereby increase task performance efficiency. As importance of information sharing arise, strategic management of nodes that surround Information Integration System (IIS) has become essential. This paper suggests application plan of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) installed IIS based on case study of which previously has been implemented in Incheon International Airport, and further estimates effects on the organizational output. We have calculated and analyzed advanced Metcalfe’s law applied EAI network power of interconnected nodes of IIS between year 2014 and 2018. Moreover, we performed multiple regression analysis in order to derive statistical impact of EAI network power on the organizational output as an IT infrastructure. The result indicates exponential increase in EAI network power for increased number of nodes. And the number of flights, which is organizational output of the airport, is affected by 3 factors
in decreasing order - firm strategy, IT infrastructure, and firm culture. Therefore, we conclude that quantification of internal system via managing number of nodes can be used as evidence for Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to aid organizational decision making.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > INFORMATION SYSTEMS(정보시스템학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)