Robot-assisted laparoendoscopic single-site upper urinary tract surgery with da Vinci Xi surgical system: Initial experience
- Robot-assisted laparoendoscopic single-site upper urinary tract surgery with da Vinci Xi surgical system: Initial experience
- Nephrectomy; Preliminary data; Robotic surgical procedures; Urinary tract
- Issue Date
- KOREAN UROLOGICAL ASSOC
- INVESTIGATIVE AND CLINICAL UROLOGY, v. 61, no. 3, page. 323-329
- Purpose: The da Vinci Xi robot surgical system was newly released with several upgrades and modifications made to its previous Si platform; to further enhance the capabilities to carry out minimally invasive surgery. This study aimed to evaluate the intraoperative and postoperative outcomes of robot laparoendoscopic single-site surgery performed with the da Vinci Xi system.
Materials and Methods: Retrospective chart review of patients undergoing of robot laparoendoscopic single-site by a single surgeon using the Xi single-site platform from November 2016 and May 2019. For the da Vinci Xi system, multichannel port and "Lap Single Vision" port access platform were placed through a single periumbilical incision.
Results: Fourteen patients underwent single-site surgery with benign cases (n=9) and partial nephrectomy cases (n=5). Among surgeries for the partial nephrectomy patients, one case of conversion to multiport robotic surgery occurred due to difficulty of tumor resection. Other major intraoperative complication, renal vein injury, was occurred in a patient who underwent a pyelolithotomy. The patient required a blood transfusion however, we were able to repair the vascular injury using prolene suture without additional port placement and open conversion. In our series, there were no conversions to open. The postoperative course was uneventful in all patients; only Clavien-Dindo III complications occurred.
Conclusions: Our preliminary experience with robot laparoendoscopic single-site surgery using the da Vinci Xi system demonstrated feasibility and safety in selected patients. Further studies with a greater number of patients in multiple settings will help to fully elucidate the role of da Vinci Xi surgical system in single-site surgery.
- 2466-0493; 2466-054X
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE[S](의과대학) > MEDICINE(의학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
- Robot-assisted laparoendoscopic single-site upper urinary tract surgery with da Vinci Xi surgical system Initial experience.pdfDownload
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)