한양대 법과대학 60년 및 법학전문대학원 10년의 역사적 발자취
- 한양대 법과대학 60년 및 법학전문대학원 10년의 역사적 발자취
- Other Titles
- The History and Achievements of 60 Years of Hanyang University College of Law and 10 Years of Its School of Law
- 한양대 법과대학; 한양대 법학전문대학원; 한양대 고시반; 사법시험; 변호사시험; Hanyang University College of Law; Hanyang University School of Law; judicial examination preparation class of Hanyang University; judicial examination; lawyer examination
- Issue Date
- 한양법학회/한양대 법학전문대학원/ 한양대 법학연구소/한양대 법과대학 법학전문대학원 동문회/ 한양법조동문회
- 한양법학, v. 31, no. 1, Page. 35 - 98
- Hanyang University College of Law was established in 1959 as the Department of Law, College of Politics and Economics, and it marks the 60th anniversary this year, 2019. At the time, when the status of the college of law was determined by the number of students passed in the judicial examination, Hanyang University Department of Law, a latecomer, which was founded 10 years later than that of major universities in Korea, did not produce judicial examination passers until 1975, more than 10 years after it was established.
However, since the late 1970s, the Hanyang University College of Law has grown rapidly enough to rank the second to the fifth in the number of people who passed judicial examinations among the universities in Korea. The reason for this rapid growth is primarily due to the class to prepare for the judicial examinations, which the university headquarters fully supported to select outstanding students as special scholarship students for the College of Law.
Hanyang University has produced a total of 1,243 lawyers through the judicial examination (including military judicial officers" examination) (including 17 passers outside the College of Law). They play an important role in legal profession, politics, government and academia. Among those who have passed the judicial examinations from the Hanyang University College of Law, there are the Supreme Court Justice, the Chief of the Judicial Research and Training Institute, the Chief of the High Court and the Chief of the District Court, and the Deputy Chief of the Supreme Prosecutor"s Office, the Chief of the High Prosecutor"s Office, the Chief of the District Prosecutor"s Office, and the Secretary of Justice of the President"s Office.
Many Hanyang University College of Law students have passed also administrative examinations, diplomacy examinations or legislative examinations and have entered the bureaucracy. In academia, more than 90 graduates from Hanyang University College of Law have worked as law professors in universities in Korea.
Meanwhile, Hanyang University School of Law was opened in March 2009 under the new legal education system. There are currently 41 full-time professors at work, and former Supreme Court Justice Yang Chang-soo and former Constitutional Judge Seo Ki-seok are chair professors. Hanyang University School of Law has a total of 754 graduates (attainment of master"s degrees) by 2019, and a total of 662 people passed the lawyer examination. Graduates from the School of Law also are showing outstanding abilities in a variety of fields including courts, prosecutors" offices, law firms and large corporations.
In conclusion, both the Hanyang University College of Law with a history of 60 years and its School of Law with a history of 10 years have greatly contributed to the development of law through academic research by professors, and more than 9,000 graduates have demonstrated outstanding abilities in the legal, political, administrative and academic fields. Accordingly, the Hanyang University College of Law and School of Law have established themselves as prestigious law school and can be said to have greatly contributed to the development of the country.
- Appears in Collections:
- SCHOOL OF LAW[S](법학전문대학원) > Hanyang University Law School(법학전문대학원) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)