Determination of Plasma Potential from the Langmuir Probe Trace Using Bi-orthogonal Wavelet Transform
- Determination of Plasma Potential from the Langmuir Probe Trace Using Bi-orthogonal Wavelet Transform
- Langmuir probe; Wavelet transform; Probe data analysis; Plasma diagnostics
- Issue Date
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC(한국물리학회)
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.42, No.3, Page.867-872
- In automatic analysis of the Langmuir probe (LP) data, the determination of the plasma potential with
less operator inputs improves the accuracy and consistency of the analysis. In this study, a new
algorithm was utilized to determine the plasma potential using bi-orthogonal wavelet transform.
In spite of the high noise level of the probe data, the bi-orthogonal wavelet transform of the
first order differentiated LP data provides the peak clearly. The plasma potential can be determined
from the peak of the differentiated data in a mathematical manner and the data process regions are
partitioned with respect to the plasma without any operator inputs. The sensitivity of this algorithm
was evaluated with artificial data including random noise.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND CONVERGENCE TECHNOLOGY[E](과학기술융합대학) > APPLIED MATHEMATICS(응용수학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)