재발성 양성 돌발성 체위성 현훈의 위험인자와 임상적 특성
- 재발성 양성 돌발성 체위성 현훈의 위험인자와 임상적 특성
- Other Titles
- Risk Factors and Clinical Features of Recurrent Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Age factors; Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo; Risk factors
- Issue Date
- 대한이비인후과학회지 두경부외과학, v. 62, no. 10, Page. 562-567
- Background and Objectives Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is treated withappropriate canalith repositioning procedures, which are very effective for the treatment ofBPPV. Nevertheless, the recurrence of BPPV may occur after the initial successful treatment.
The purpose of this study was to investigate the risk factors and clinical features of recurrentBPPV.
Subjects and Method The retrospective study was performed for 227 patients who werediagnosed with BPPV and treated with appropriate canalith repositioning procedures from March2013 to December 2014. We analyzed various clinical characteristics, locations and types of canalithfor the whole BPPV patients, and the interval and frequency of recurrence in the patients ofrecurrent BPPV.
Results Of the total of 227 BPPV patients, 47 patients were recurrent BPPV (21%). The patientsof recurrent BPPV were significantly older than those of non-recurrent BPPV (p=0.034).
BPPV patients recurred more with increased age, with the significantly increased frequencyof recurrence (p=0.010). Twenty two patients were posterior semicircular canal canalolithiasis(PSCC) (46.8%) and 25 patients were lateral semicircular canal canalolithiasis (LSCC)(53.2%). The number of canalith repositioning procedures was significantly higher in LSCCpatients than in PSCC patients (p=0.041). The location change of affected canal were identifiedfor 23 patients and the type change of LSCC to ipsilateral PSCC was the most common.
Conclusion Age is an important prognostic factor to be considered in BPPV recurrence.
Also, the affected semicircular canals were frequently changed in the recurrent BPPV.
- 2092-5859; 2092-6529
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE[S](의과대학) > MEDICINE(의학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
- 재발성 양성 돌발성 체위성 현훈의 위험인자와 임상적 특성.pdfDownload
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)