소규모 노인전문요양시설의 설계기준과 실태에 관한 비교연구
- 소규모 노인전문요양시설의 설계기준과 실태에 관한 비교연구
- Other Titles
- The Comparison Research Regarding The Design Standard and The Actual Condition of Nursing Home
- Alternative Author(s)
- Cho, Jun-Won
- Issue Date
- The Korean society has already turned into an aging society with its elderly people aged 65 or older accounting for about 9.1% of the entire population as of 2005, and as the elderly population increase with rising ratio of the older people, such senile diseases as dementia, palsy, stoke, etc., are increasing, which is a serious social problem.
Although elderly welfare facilities increase rapidly to meet increasing elderly population, they do not seem to be effectively operated due to unsystematic laws, much less their effective constructions and checkups and maintenances.
While small-scale nursing homes dedicated to elderly welfare increase rapidly, their quality is very low due to insufficient criteria for them, and it is even feared that serious accidents might occur from them.
In 2005, Seoul Welfare Foundation researched into 'an architectural model for nursing homes for the elderly' and therewith, developed an architectural model for elderly nursing homes.
The purpose of this study was to survey and analyze the conditions of the small-scale elderly nursing homes to determine whether it would be possible to apply the minimum unit model for 30 elderly users, while addressing the legal problems, to explore the ways to develop an architectural model for small-scale elderly nursing homes and find the solutions to their legal problems.
For this purpose, the researcher,
1) sampled the objects of this study as well as a control group,
2) reviewed relevant books, periodicals, dissertations and Internet data,
3) surveyed the conditions of the elderly nursing homes through personal visits, questionnaire, interview and observation,
4) comparatively analyzed the data collected.
As a result of surveying the conditions of small-scale elderly nursing homes, reviewing their legal standards and architectural models, it was found that the nursing homes remodelled from the conventional houses should be complemented in many aspects. The results of this study can be summarized as follows
First, it was conceived that the nursing rooms which tended to be dense should serve only 3 or less elderly people as suggested by the architectural model, and as shown in the questionnaire survey, each nursing room should be designed to be equipped with a washstand upgradable rather than the conventional toilette, in consideration of the small-scale.
Second, also in consideration of the small-scale, the public recess room and other facilities not dictated clearly by any standard need to be specified in terms of their minimum areas. In addition, the standards for other spaces need to be less strict to allow them to be used for multiple purposes and thereby, activate their uses.
Third, the results of the survey showed that toilettes and bathrooms were larger than legal standards but narrow to be usable. Legal standards and architectural model take only wheel chair space into consideration, but the cases of the wheel chair users being aided by supporters are more than the cases of independent wheel chair users, the space for such supporters should be secured. In addition, extra bathrooms need to be combined with toilettes.
Fourth, other facilities outside th scope of this study due to lack of their standards and comparable ones should be clearly specified to be improved. Furthermore, various types of small-scale nursing home models should be developed as detached house types.
Since this study was deemed limited in that the results of analysis were not consistent with those from the surveys and that the suggestions were put forwards based on existing literature and studies and results of survey and comparative analysis, its results need to be much complemented. After all, some design standards should be arranged for the elderly nursing homes to be more user-centered than manager-centered.
- Appears in Collections:
- GRADUATE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING[S](공학대학원) > ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING(건축공학과) > Theses(Master)
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)