Low-voltage modulated inorganic smart windows using solid polymer electrolyte
- Low-voltage modulated inorganic smart windows using solid polymer electrolyte
- The electrochromic device; Solid polymer electrolyte (SPE); Self-bleaching; Ferrocene
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SOLAR ENERGY MATERIALS AND SOLAR CELLS, v. 200, Article no. UNSP 109966
- We have developed a low-voltage modulated inorganic electrochromic device using a solid polymer electrolyte (SPE). UV-cured electrolytes with various ferrocene (Fc) concentrations of 0, 0.05, and 0.1 M were developed. The electrochromic evaluation of the device using an Fc concentration of 0.1 M indicated high transmittance changes of ˃ 60% under a low potential change of 2.5 V due to the Fc in the electrolyte assisting with ion transfer to thin films, resulting in the lowest resistance within the device. Moreover, this electrochromic device, with an excellent self-bleaching effect, showed improved transmittance by 37% for 2000 s.
We have fabricated a large smart window with a size of 20 x 20 cm(2) using the optimized conditions, with stable cyclic transmittance change up to 100 cycles upon a potential change of 2.5 V. Therefore, an electrochromic device with high transmittance difference and stable switching performance was successfully demonstrated using 0.1 M Fc-based SPE.
- 0927-0248; 1879-3398
- Appears in Collections:
- RESEARCH INSTITUTE[E](부설연구소) > RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY(공학기술연구소) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)