주문생산 방식의 생산계획 수립을 위한 시뮬레이션 모델 설계 : 판유리 제조 공정을 중심으로
- 주문생산 방식의 생산계획 수립을 위한 시뮬레이션 모델 설계 : 판유리 제조 공정을 중심으로
- Other Titles
- Simulation Modeling for Production Scheduling under Make-To-Order Production Environment : Focusing on the Flat Glass Production Environment
- Make-To-Order; MTO; Production Schedule; Simulation; Flat Glass
- Issue Date
- 산업경영시스템학회지, v. 42, No. 1, Page. 64-73
- The manufacturing companies under Make-To-Order (MTO) production environment face highly variable requirements of the customers. It makes them difficult to establish preemptive production strategy through inventory management and demand forecasting. Therefore, the ability to establish an optimal production schedule that incorporates the various requirements of the customers is emphasized as the key success factor.
In this study, we suggest a process of designing the simulation model for establishing production schedule and apply this model to the case of a flat glass processing company. The flat glass manufacturing industry is under MTO production environment. Academic research of flat glass industry is focused on minimizing the waste in the cutting process. In addition, in the practical view, the flat glass manufacturing companies tend to establish the production schedule based on the intuition of production manager and it results in failure of meeting the due date. Based on these findings, the case study aims to present the process of drawing up a production schedule through simulation modeling. The actual data of Korean flat glass processing company were used to make a monthly production schedule. To do this, five scenarios based on dispatching rules are considered and each scenario is evaluated by three key performance indicators for delivery compliance. We used B2MML (Business To Manufacturing Markup Language) schema for integrating manufacturing systems and simulations are carried out by using SIMIO simulation software. The results provide the basis for determining a suitable production schedule from the production manager's perspective.
- 2287-7975; 2005-0461
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS[E](경상대학) > BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION(경영학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)