외국인 환자 간호에 대한 간호사의 문화역량 영향요인
- 외국인 환자 간호에 대한 간호사의 문화역량 영향요인
- Other Titles
- Factors Affecting Cultural Competence of Nurses Caring for Foreign Patients
- Nurses; Cultural competency; Patients
- Issue Date
- 보건행정학회지, v. 29, NO 1, Page. 49-57
- Background: The purpose of this study was to examine the cultural competence of nurses caring for foreign patients in general hospitals.
Methods: The subjects are 308 nurses who work in general hospitals in Seoul and Gyeonggi-do. The data, collected using a structured questionnaire on cultural competence, coping strategy, multicultural experience, intercultural uncertainty, and intercultural anxiety, were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, analysis of variance, Pearson’s correlation analysis, and hierarchical multiple regression.
Results: Cultural competence was significantly associated with marital status, level of education, type of ward, and number of cared foreign patients. In hierarchical multiple regression analysis, the level of cultural competence was significantly associated with married, master degree qualified, high level of coping strategy and multicultural experience, and low level of cultural uncertainty.
Conclusion: The findings revealed the need for educational programs which can contribute to lower the intercultural uncertainty and to enhance coping strategies dealing with foreign patients. In addition, individual and organization efforts to provide opportunities to expand nurses’ multicultural experience will affect nurses’ cultural competence development.
- 1225-4266; 2289-0149
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF NURSING[S](간호학부) > NURSING(간호학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
- 외국인 환자 간호에 대한 간호사의 문화역량 영향요인.pdfDownload
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)