Thermodynamics of Aluminum, Nitrogen and AlN formation in Liquid Iron
- Thermodynamics of Aluminum, Nitrogen and AlN formation in Liquid Iron
- liquid iron; aluminum; nitrogen; AIN; equilibrium constant; interaction parameters
- Issue Date
- IRON STEEL INST JAPAN KEIDANREN KAIKAN
- ISIJ INTERNATIONAL, v. 47, No. 7, Page. 945-954
- Thermodynamics of aluminum, nitrogen and AIN formation in liquid iron was investigated using the metal-nitride-gas ecuilibration under various nitrogen partial pressures in the temperature range of 1873-1973 K. The nitrogen solubility in liquid iron decreased with aluminum additions. Pure solid AIN was formed at critical contents of aluminum and nitrogen in liquid iron. The experimental results were thermodynamically analyzed using Wagner's interaction parameter formalism to determine the first-order interaction parameter of aluminum and nitrogen, the first-order self interaction parameter of aluminum, and the equilibrium constant for the formation of pure solid AIN in liquid iron as follows.
e(Al) (Al)=111.0/T-0.01 6
log K-AIN=-16 560/T+7.4
Thermodynamics of aluminum in liquid iron could be well described by Darken's quadratic formalism, and the values of alpha(Fe-Al) and gamma degrees(Al) were determined as follows.
- 0915-1559; 1347-5460
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING SCIENCES[E](공학대학) > MATERIALS SCIENCE AND CHEMICAL ENGINEERING(재료화학공학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)