동아시아 古典의 現在的 意味 探索 — 東亞文化의 位相과 人間의 尊嚴을 의식하며
- 동아시아 古典의 現在的 意味 探索 — 東亞文化의 位相과 人間의 尊嚴을 의식하며
- Other Titles
- Exploration of the Present Meaning of East Asian Classics - For the Status of East Asian Culture and Human Dignity
- Korea-China Humanities Exchange; reinterpretation of classics; East Asian traditional culture; culture industry; Orientalism; human dignity
- Issue Date
- 중국문화연구, No. 39, Page. 1-20
- The Classics are made by the evaluation of later generations and maintain their values through continuous reinterpretation and discovery of the new meanings over times and regions. For this reason, ‘Worshiping’ or ‘Absolutization’ can rather annihilate the Classics, and sometimes even suppress humans, or turn them into the ways to making money.
Korea and China have experienced “Modernization” in a passive way, hence should always keep in mind the mission of overcoming Orientalism, as well as restoring the status of East Asian culture. Overcoming the western-oriented view of the world can contribute not only to the excellence of East Asian cultural tradition, but also to the universally applicable value to human society.
Studies on Classics and traditional culture should also pay attention to the economic influence of Cultural Industry. In the era of Popular Culture, culture is closely integrated with industry, and Cultural Industry is becoming a significant factor in terms of international competitiveness. The development of East Asian Cultural Industry is necessary in order to overcome Orientalism.
The Research on Classics ought to pay most attention to the filed of Humanities; the most fundamental field of defending and raising status of the human dignity. The Humanities in East Asia has been pursued the aesthetics of ‘harmony’ and ‘coexistence’. Therefore, the cultural tradition of East Asia is capable to contribute on building ‘social safety net’, as well as the protection of human dignity.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF LANGUAGES & CULTURES[E](국제문화대학) > CHINESE STUDIES(중국학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)