출산여성의 산후관리서비스 이용 결정요인과 형평성 분석
- 출산여성의 산후관리서비스 이용 결정요인과 형평성 분석
- Other Titles
- An Analysis on the Determinants and Equity of the Postpartum Care Service Utilization
- Postpartum care service utilization; EuroQoL-5D index; Multinominal logistic regression; Concentration index; HIwv index
- Issue Date
- 보건행정학회지, v. 27, No. 4, Page. 304-314
- Background: This study aimed to analyze effects of postpartum care services to women after birth, identify the factors affecting their use, and examine the extent of income-related inequality in the postpartum care services utilization and expenditures using Korean Health Panel data between 2010 and 2013.
Methods: The panel data of the year 2010-2013 of the 247 women after birth were used. First, EuroQoL-5D was used to evaluate the effects of postpartum care service to women’s quality of life. Second, multinominal logistic regression analysis was used to identify determinants of the use of the postpartum care services. Finally, concentration index and HIwv (horizontal equity) index were used to find that the concentration index for the inequality in the use of postpartum care services showed negative sign, which implied pro-rich.
Results: The estimation results showed that utilization of the postpartum services has a positive effect on women after birth. Also age, area of residence, and number of household members turn out to be the factors of using postpartum services. And there are inequality in the use of postpartum care services whose HIwv index showed positive sign, which implied pro-rich.
Conclusion: Therefore, the government’s policy of the postpartum care service is necessary to be expanded and diversified considering the personal characteristics and equity of the women after birth.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS[E](경상대학) > ECONOMICS(경제학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)