High efficiency dual output stator-PM machine for the two-mode operation of washing machines
- High efficiency dual output stator-PM machine for the two-mode operation of washing machines
- Consequent pole; dual output; dual rotor; finite element method (FEM) analysis; flux-reversal permanent magnet (FRPM) machine; high efficiency; Vernier machine
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ENERGY CONVERSION, v. 33, No. 4, Page. 2050-2059
- This paper proposes the novel topology of a high
efficiency dual output stator-permanent magnet (PM) machine
(DOSPMM) for two different washing machine operating speeds.
The proposed machine consists of two machines integrated into a
single machine: Machine I is an outer rotor type Vernier machine
with low speed and high torque for washing mode operations.
Machine II is an inner rotor type flux reversal PM (FRPM)
machine with high speed and low torque for dehydrating mode
operations. Each machine was designed to be highly efficient for
the assigned operating mode. Both machines also possess robust
rotors due to stator positioned PMs. To demonstrate the
superiority of the proposed machine, performance comparisons
with conventional machines for general washing machine
applications were performed via finite-element method (FEM)
analysis. A prototype of the proposed machine was built and
experimental results of the prototype machine were presented for
a validation of the work.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING SCIENCES[E](공학대학) > ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING(전자공학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)