3-D Equivalent Magnetic Circuit Network for Precise and Fast Analysis of PM-assisted Claw-Pole Synchronous Motor
- 3-D Equivalent Magnetic Circuit Network for Precise and Fast Analysis of PM-assisted Claw-Pole Synchronous Motor
- 3-D equivalent magnetic circuit network; claw-pole synchronous motor; hexahedron element; permanent magnet; scalar magnetic potential
- Issue Date
- 2016 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE) Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), Page. 1-8
- PM-assisted claw-pole synchronous motor (CPSM) has commonly been used in a variety of industrial applications, thanks to its robust structure and high energy density. However, such motor has an axially asymmetric rotor configuration, which induces the corresponding 3-D magnetic field distribution. Thus,
this paper develops an infinitesimal hexahedron-element-based 3-D equivalent magnetic circuit network (EMCN) to estimate the performance of the PM-assisted CPSM. The hexahedron element can be considered as an optimum unit element in describing the configuration of the PM-assisted CPSM in detail. That eventually makes it possible to analyze the specific 3-D magnetic field distribution from which the flux-linkage, the back-electro motive force, the d- and q-axis inductances, and the electromagnetic torque are also being calculated. The results from the 3-D EMCN are compared with those from the 3-D FEA and/or the experiment so as to validate the accuracy. Finally, it is proved that the 3-D EMCN requires a shorter computing time than the 3-D FEA.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING(미래자동차공학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)