여성가구주의 취업형태와 사회자본이 생활만족도에 미치는 영향
- 여성가구주의 취업형태와 사회자본이 생활만족도에 미치는 영향
- Other Titles
- The Effects of Employment Status and Social Capital on Life Satisfaction of Female Householders
- 여성가구주; 취업형태; 사회자본; female householders; employment status; social capital
- Issue Date
- 한국가족복지학, v. 21, NO. 3, Page. 541-563
- This study examines the effects of employment status and social capital of female householders on their life satisfaction. Life satisfaction refers to the extent that individuals subjectively feel satisfaction with diverse aspects of their lives. This study used data from the Korean Welfare Panel Study (KOWEPS), which covered 639 female householders, aged 20 to 64. A hierarchical regression analysis was conducted to confirm the clear effects of the employment status and social capital of female householders.
The findings show that employment status has a significant effect on female householders’ life satisfaction. When female householders are employed as temporary workers or unemployed, they feel lower life satisfaction than the regularly employed. It was also found that female householders’ social capital is significantly related with their life satisfaction. When they have more social capital, they feel a greater degree of satisfaction with their lives. With these results, I suggest the need for practical education and training programs, care services, and cash benefits to help female householders get
decent jobs and community-based services and opportunities for their active social participation.
- 1229-4713; 2288-1638
- Appears in Collections:
- CENTER FOR CREATIVE CONVERGENCE EDUCATION[S](창의융합교육원) > ETC
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)