Energy saving potential of adiabatic humidification with pressurized water atomizer in HVAC system for semiconductor cleanrooms
- Energy saving potential of adiabatic humidification with pressurized water atomizer in HVAC system for semiconductor cleanrooms
- Other Titles
- 가압식 water atomizer를 적용한 단열 가습방식이 반도체 클린룸의 공조에너지 소비절감에 미치는 영향
- Jo, Min Suk
- Alternative Author(s)
- Issue Date
- This paper is aimed to evaluate the applicability of an adiabatic humidification in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for semiconductor cleanrooms. The accurate temperature and humidity control are essential in semiconductor cleanrooms and a steam humidification is commonly used with lots of energy consumptions. Therefore, we proposed an adiabatic humidification employing a pressurized water atomizer to reduce the energy consumptions. The annual energy consumption of three different HVAC systems were analyzed to evaluate the applicability of the adiabatic humidification. The studied cases are as follows: 1) a make-up air unit (MAU) with a steam humidifier, a dry cooling coil (DDC), and a fan filter unit (FFU)
2) a MAU with the pressurized water atomizer, a DDC, and a FFU
and 3) a MAU, a DCC, and a FFU, and the pressurized water atomizer installed in the return duct. The results showed that the HVAC system containing the MAU, DCC, FFU, and the pressurized water atomizer in the return duct has the lowest annual energy consumption due to the energy savings from the pressurized water atomizer. In addition, the pressurized water atomizer has a greater energy conservation potential when installed in the return duct.
- Appears in Collections:
- GRADUATE SCHOOL[S](대학원) > ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING(건축공학과) > Theses (Master)
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)