Overview of electroceramic materials for oxide semiconductor thin film transistors
- Overview of electroceramic materials for oxide semiconductor thin film transistors
- Electroceramics; Oxide semiconductors; Transistors; Displays; Gate insulators
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER, VAN GODEWIJCKSTRAAT 30, 3311 GZ DORDRECHT, NETHERLANDS
- JOURNAL OF ELECTROCERAMICS, 권: 32, 호: 2-3, 페이지: 117-140
- The flat panel display (FPD) market has been experiencing a rapid transition from liquid crystal (LC) to organic light emitting diode (OLED) displays, leading, in turn, to the accelerated commercialization of OLED televisions already in 2013. The major driving force for this rapid change was the adaptation of novel oxide semiconductor materials as the active channel layer in thin film transistors (TFTs). Since the report of amorphous-InGaZnO (a-IGZO) semiconductor materials in 2004, the FPD industry has accelerated the development of oxide TFTs for mass-production. In this review, we focus on recent progress in applying electro-ceramic materials for oxide-semiconductor thin-film-transistors. First, oxide-based semiconductor materials, distinguished by vacuum or solution processing, are discussed, with efforts to develop high-performance, cost-effective devices reviewed in chronological order. The introduction and role of high dielectric constant - reduced leakage gate insulators, in optimizing oxide-semiconductor device performance, are next covered. We conclude by discussing current issues impacting oxide-semiconductor TFTs, such as field effect mobility and device stability and the proposed directions being taken to address them.
- 1385-3449; 1573-8663
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING(신소재공학부) > Articles
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING(신소재공학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)