Prevalence of Gastric Subepithelial Tumors in Korea: A Single Center Experience
- Prevalence of Gastric Subepithelial Tumors in Korea: A Single Center Experience
- Other Titles
- 한국인에서 위상피하 종양의 유병률에 대한 연구: 단일기관 경험
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors; Prevalence; Gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Issue Date
- Korean Society of Gastroenterology
- The Korean journal of gastroenterology, v. 66, NO 5, Page. 274-276
The incidental finding of gastrointestinal subepithelial tumors (SETs) is increasing with national cancer screening endoscopy. In a Swedish population, screening endoscopy found a prevalence of SETs of 0.36%. However, the prevalence of gastric SETs in Korean patients has not been described. Therefore, this study evaluated the prevalence of SETs of the stomach in a Korean patient population.
We reviewed endoscopic reports of 11,712 subjects who underwent screening esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) at Hanyang University Hospital between July 2012 and June 2013.
Among 11,712 patients, 194 (1.7%) had SET of the stomach. Of these, 71 (prevalence, 0.6%) were male and 123 (prevalence, 1.1%) were female. When grouped by age, the prevalence of SET was as follows: 1.0% for patients in their twenties, 6.2% for those in their thirties, 19.1% for those in their forties, 33.0% for those in their fifties, 30.4% for those in their sixties, and 10.3% for those over 70 years of age.
The overall prevalence of gastric SET among healthy examinees was 1.7%. The prevalence of gastric SET increased with age and was higher in female.
- 2233-6869; 1598-9992
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE[S](의과대학) > MEDICINE(의학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
- Prevalence of Gastric Subepithelial Tumors in Korea A Single Center Experience.pdf(214.02 kB)Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)