Landscape factors affecting soundscape in urban environments
- Landscape factors affecting soundscape in urban environments
- Issue Date
- The International Institute of Acoustics and Vibration
- The 22th International Congress of Sound and Vibration, Page. 1-5
- The relationships between landscape and soundscape perceptions were investigated in urban environments. The case study was conducted in area in Seoul divided into 118 meshes. The study area consists of different land uses including commercial and office districts, parks, residential areas, city streams and squares. Perceptual and physical acoustic environments in
various urban settings were assessed using both questionnaire surveys and acoustic measurements.
The soundscape characteristics obtained from measurements were visualized using GIS techniques. In addition, spatial data analyses were applied to examine the relationships between soundscape factors and spatial contexts. The results showed that spatial effects on soundscape perception were statistically significant. This indicates that the spatial statistical model provides more information on soundscape perception in urban environments.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING(건축공학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)