Factors Affecting The Spiritual Well-being of Foreign Immigrant Wives in Korea
- Factors Affecting The Spiritual Well-being of Foreign Immigrant Wives in Korea
- Immigrant Wives; Spiritual Well-being; Multiculture
- Issue Date
- Science and Engineering Research Support Society
- International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, v. 7, NO 3, Page. 223-232
- The purpose of this study was to identify the influencing factors that affect spiritual well-being of foreign immigrant women in Korea. Research design is descriptive survey study. The participants of this research were foreign immigrant women married to Korean men residing in the 5 cities, S, KG(H, Y), KN(J) and P. Structured questionnaire was used to verify the degree of spiritual well-being and acculturative stress level. Data were collected from August 2010 to May 2011 and were analyzed by SPSS. As a result, the mean score of spiritual well-being was 3.31±.48. Some of the variables studied prior
to the research were , satisfaction of marriage life, life quality in Korea, acculturative stress level, duration of stay in Korea, degree of education and religion were the major factors that affected the spiritual well-being of the foreign immigrant wives. In order to increase the level of their spiritual well-being, the immigrant wives should be able to
practice their religion of choice, and increasing the effectiveness of communication through various methods, such as Korean language education and learning the wives’ languages, would also help raise the level of marriage life satisfaction. More effort to develop other intercession methods should be made.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF NURSING[S](간호학부) > DIVISION OF NURSING(간호학부) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)