Effeciency Improvement of an Automotive Alternator by Heat Transfer
- Effeciency Improvement of an Automotive Alternator by Heat Transfer
- alternators; output; efficiency; heat treatment; slinky; stators
- Issue Date
- IEEE Magnetics Society
- Journal of Magnetics 20(2), 155-160 (2015)
- Recently, CO2 emission standards and fuel efficiency legislation has been tightened globally. Therefore
automotive alternator performance becomes increasingly important to meet the requirements. Many proposed
methods have suggested adding magnets or regulation control to increase alternator efficiency and output.
However, this creates a significant additional cost. During the stator lamination process, the magnetic property
of the stator deteriorates mainly due to stamping and slinky process for an alternator. To maximize the
alternator performance, heat treatment of the stator core was performed and magnetic properties were
compared to find the optimal condition. Finally, alternator output and efficiency test were performed resulting
in significant output and efficiency improvement up to 6.8% and 0.6% respectively.
- 1226-1750; 2233-6656
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > DEPARTMENT OF AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING(미래자동차공학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)