Validation study of candidate single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with left ventricular hypertrophy in the Korean population
- Validation study of candidate single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with left ventricular hypertrophy in the Korean population
- HyperGEN study; Left ventricular hypertrophy; Single nucleotide polymorphism; Korean population
- Issue Date
- BIOMED CENTRAL LTD
- BMC MEDICAL GENETICS, v. 16, Page. 13-18
- Background: Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is a valid predictor for cardiovascular mortality and morbidity regardless of age, gender, and race. The HyperGEN study conducted a genome-wide association study and identified twelve single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) associated with LVH. The aim of this study was to validate these candidate SNPs in the Korean population.
Methods: Among 1637 individuals from the Korean Multi-Rural Communities Cohort Study (MRCohort) of the Korean Genome Epidemiology Study (KoGES), we carried out a linear regression analysis with left ventricular mass index (LVMI) and a logistic regression analysis for LVH status.
Results: The rs4129218 on chromosome 12 tended to be associated with LVM/body surface area (adjusted beta = -0.023; p = 0.036) and LVM/height(2.7) (adjusted beta = -0.027; p = 0.016), and was marginally protective against LVH after adjustment for age, sex, body mass index, serum creatinine, systolic blood pressure, heart rate and antihypertensive medication (adjusted odds ratio = 0.766 and 0.731; p = 0.027 and 0.007 according to indexation by BSA and height(2.7), respectively).
Conclusions: In the Korean population, the minor allele of rs4129218 had borderline association with lower LVM. This study suggests that rs4129218 on chromosome 12 showed consistent tendency of possibly related loci for LVH independent of ethnic background.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE[S](의과대학) > MEDICINE(의학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
- Validation study of candidate single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with left ventricular hypertrophy in the Korean population.pdfDownload
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)