Dyanamic Load Balancing for Efficient Video Streaming Service
- Dyanamic Load Balancing for Efficient Video Streaming Service
- Servers; Bandwidth; Streaming media; Load management; Heuristic algorithms; Content management; Mobile communication
- Issue Date
- Information Networking (ICOIN), 2015 International Conference on, Page. 1-6
- As cloud and N-Screen services get active, the
network traffic of mobile devices is rapidly increasing. The video streaming takes higher bandwidths in the mobile network. Servers with popular contents have to manage higher transmission bandwidths in order to handle many user requests at a time. But servers with unpopular contents have relatively lower transmission bandwidths although they can handle much more user requests. Such imbalance in loads among the servers will cause the lowering of QoS of the video service systems and waste
the resources. In this paper, we implemented an algorithm to solve the imbalance between the loads by placing replicas of popular contents in other servers. And in order to efficiently cope with the severe variation of the popularity of the contents, we implemented dynamic video contents management system which handles the
load balancing by checking of the states of the servers in real time. We also verified the performance of the algorithm in many aspects applying real mobile video service workload. As a result, we could reduce the deviation in the transmission bandwidth among existing servers by 57%.
- 978-1-4799-8342-1; 978-1-4799-8341-4
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING[S](공과대학) > ETC
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)