Comparison of repeatability of swept-source and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography for measuring inner retinal thickness in retinal disease
- Comparison of repeatability of swept-source and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography for measuring inner retinal thickness in retinal disease
- NERVE-FIBER LAYER; CHOROIDAL THICKNESS; EPIRETINAL MEMBRANE; REPRODUCIBILITY; AGREEMENT; EYES
- Issue Date
- PUBLIC LIBRARY SCIENCE
- PLOS ONE, v. 14, NO 1, no. e0210729
To compare repeatability between SS-OCT and SD-OCT for measurement of macular, macular retinal nerve fiber (mRNFL), and ganglion cell-inner plexiform layer (GC-IPL) thickness in various retinal diseases.
One hundred and fourteen eyes of 114 subjects were investigated. Seventy-eight eyes with retinal disease and 36 normal eyes underwent two consecutive measurements of macular, mRNFL, and GC-IPL thickness using SS-OCT and SD-OCT. The data were obtained using the Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study (ETDRS) protocol. The eyes with retinal diseases were divided into three subgroups according to central macular thickness (CMT) for analysis. The intraclass correlation coefficient (ICC) was calculated to determine the repeatability of OCT device.
In normal eyes, both OCT devices showed excellent repeatability of macula, mRNFL, and GC-IPL thickness measurements with high ICCs in all ETDRS subfields. In eyes with retinal disease, although SS-OCT showed better repeatability for inner retinal thickness measurements than SD-OCT, the overall ICCs were lower than those in normal eyes. In subgroup analysis, the ICCs in the low CMT group were lower than those in the normal and high CMT groups, particularly when using SD-OCT.
Both OCT devices had comparable repeatability for retinal thickness measurement in normal eyes and eyes with retinal disease. However, the possibility of measurement error should be considered in eyes with a thin and atrophic retina.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE[S](의과대학) > MEDICINE(의학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
- Comparison of repeatability of swept-source and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography for measuring inner retinal thickness in retinal disea...Download
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)