의사결정나무 통계기법을 이용한 한국프로야구 관중유입 요인에 관한 연구
- 의사결정나무 통계기법을 이용한 한국프로야구 관중유입 요인에 관한 연구
- Other Titles
- Factors Attracting Attendance at Korean Professional Baseball Using Decision Tree Technique
- Decision tree technique; Data mining; Attendance factors
- Issue Date
- 한국체육과학회지, v. 15, No. 1, Page. 433 - 443
- This study was to analyze and predict the factors attracting attendance at Korean professional baseball games. The collected data were obtained from 725 games played during 2003 and 2004 seasons. A dependent variable was attendance figure for each game, and independent variables were 7 factors perceived to attract attendance such as games with a rival, promotions, home team winning percentage above.500, weather condition, TV broadcasting, game schedule(day/night), weekday or weekend game. Decision tree technique as a data mining statistics was used for analyzing the collected data.
The results of this study were as follows. First, variable of games with a rival was found to be the most significant one to attract attendance during 2003 and 2004 seasons. Second, promotion variable was also found to have significant impact on attracting attendance. Particularly, when promotions were conducted to games with a rival, the figure of attendance was as twice as that of games with a non-rival team. Third, the variable of home team winning percentage above.500 was revealed to attract 7,530 spectators regularly.
In conclusion, it was the fact that the variables of games with a rival, promotions, night games, the home team winning percentage above 500, and pleasant weather condition were found to be the most positive impact on attracting attendance at Korean professional baseball.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF SPORTS AND ARTS[E](예체능대학) > ETC
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)