『표준 언어 예절』 개정을 위한 사회에서의 호칭어·지칭어 사용 양상 연구
- 『표준 언어 예절』 개정을 위한 사회에서의 호칭어·지칭어 사용 양상 연구
- Other Titles
- A Study on the Contemporary Use of Address Terms and Reference Terms in Social Communication
- 표준 언어 예절(standard manners of language use); 호칭어(address term); 지칭어(reference term); 사회적 소통(social communication); 언어 실태 조사(survey on contemporary use of language)
- Issue Date
- 국어교육연구, v. 66, Page. 31-68
- The purpose of this study is to examine the use of address terms, reference terms and to suggest guidelines to improve the standard manners of language use. Since 〈The Standard Manners of Language Use〉(2011, National Institute of the Korean Language) was published, many changes have occurred in the use of address terms, reference terms due to emergence of new occupations, the growth of service industry, and the reorganization of social system.
Our research focuses on investigating whether the use of terms that has been recommended in 〈The Standard Manners of Language Use〉 (2011) corresponded to the actual use in Korean contemporary language life and identifying potential problems caused by inappropriate use of the terms. We performed a questionnaire survey targeting 4,000 people in 17 administrative areas across the country. The result of current study revealed that there were a number of differences between the suggested terms in 〈The Standard Manners of Language Use〉(2011) and the actual use of the terms in contemporary Korean. For instance, some kinship titles were found to be widely used in the context of society. And an honorific suffix ‘-nim(님)’, which has been commonly used in the context of internet, is now partially used in the company when addressing other employee.
- Appears in Collections:
- COLLEGE OF LANGUAGES & CULTURES[E](국제문화대학) > KOREAN LANGUAGE & LITERATURE(한국언어문학과) > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)